Iowa Lakes Electric Members Charitable Foundation
Operation Round Up
Funds for Operation Round Up are voluntarily donated by Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative member-owners and its employees. Operation Round Up contributions will be used primarily in the local area served by the Cooperative for charitable and educational purposes.
- Contributions will generally be made to non-profit, civic or community-based organizations that demonstrate a commitment to enhance the quality of life in the region.
- Projects should fit in one or more of these categories: Community Service, Economic Development, Education and/or Youth, Environment, Disaster Relief.
- Applications must be submitted on Official Iowa Lakes Electric Members Charitable Foundation Application forms.
- Contributions will generally be made to non-profit organizations that have been granted tax-exempt status under IRS Code Section 501(c) ( ).
- Contributions will generally not be made for:
- Lobbying, political and religious organizations or highly sensitive/controversial events.
- Fraternal and labor organizations.
- Fundraising dinners, raffles and other events.
- Capital fund campaigns.
- National fund drives.
- Ongoing operational expenses.
- Grants will not normally exceed $10,000 for any one group, organization or charity.
- The following factors will be considered in the evaluation of all funding requests:
- Potential benefit to area residents and the entire community.
- Level of community support for the program or project.
- Administrative capability of the organization to deliver quality service or program.
- Results that are predictable and can be evaluated.
REQUIREMENTS/CHECKLIST (Applications not meeting all of these requirements will not be considered).
○ Completed application form.
○ Completed budget form showing how requested funds will be spent (include bids, quotes, pricing, etc.)
○ Copy of 501 (c) ( ) or non-profit status letter (letter of determination from the IRS).
○ Copy of IRS 990 (pages 1 and 2 only) for the previous year must be provided.
○ Please provide three letters of recommendation or support.
To apply for Operation Round Up grant funds, please complete the electronic application on this page below. A printable application is also available by clicking on the orange button. You will be required to complete the Proposed Budget Form (green button) and include with your application.