Apply for the Youth to Washington Tour
Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative invites area high school juniors to apply for the annual Youth to Washington Tour. It's an exciting, week-long, all expense paid trip to our nation's Capitol in June.
On the tour, students learn about electric cooperatives, American history and U.S. government and walk away with a greater understanding of their role as an American citizen.
The trip provides young adults with the opportunity:
- to visit historical sites in Washington D.C. including Arlington Cemetery, the Holocaust Museum and the National Cathedral.
- to visit museums, monuments and memorials.
- to meet and visit with our Senators and Representatives.
- to learn about the importance cooperatives play in our communities we serve.
- to meet and build friendships with peers from throughout the United States.
Rules and Regulations:
To be eligible for the Rural Electric Youth Tour to Washington, applicants must be a junior in high school.
Judging and selection of applicants is the responsibility of Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative.
If you have any questions or to request an application, please contact Bobbi Jo at 800-225-4532.