From appliances to heating and cooling to insulation and weatherization - small changes can mean big energy savings. Your Cooperative offers member-owners a variety of incentives for new equipment purchases and energy-efficiency upgrades.
Pull the Plug Appliance Recycling Program
Do you have an old operating refrigerator, freezer or window air conditioner that you would like to get rid of? Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative has partnered with CLEAResult, our recycling contractor, to pick up old, inefficient appliances from you, our member-owners.
- The appliance must be in working condition
- Standard size appliances only. Freezers and refrigerators must be empty and 10 cubic feet or larger
- There is no charge for the pickup and disposal of the appliance
- You will receive a $25 rebate per appliance. Maximum of three units per residential/farm account per year.
- A member-owner may have CLEAResult remove other appliances at the member-owner's own expense.
To recycle your appliance(s), complete the Pull the Plug Recycle Form. Once you have filled out the form, you'll be contacted by CLEAResult to schedule a date and time for the pickup. CLEAResult would like to know the location of the appliance prior to pick-up.
During appliance pick-up, CLEAResult checks to make sure the appliance is operable and loads it up. CLEAResult will make arrangements to leave the $25 check at the time of pick-up. If arrangements cannot be made, they will mail the check typically 4 to 6 weeks after the appliance is collected.